Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Pen Review: Zebra Sarasa Clip 0.3mm

It’s been a while since I’ve done any pen reviews here at Daydreamers Welcome and I have a few that are overdue.  One of these is from a recent JetPens.com order. 

First let me confess something to you.  It is a dangerous combination for me to have a few extra dollars on the paycheck and a quiet early morning alone at work.  That’s when I get myself into trouble.  This past payday was no exception and as a reward to myself for putting in a heck of a lot of overtime, I clicked on JetPens website.

I’ve been searching for the perfect pen to use in my planner at work.  It’s a Quo Vadis APB1 and I love it!  There is one problem, though.  The paper is thin and there is lots of shadowing and with some pens there is bleed through.  Even a pencil will shadow horribly.  I wondered if a very fine-lined pen would work better.  Off to JetPens I went.

One of the things I like about JetPens is that you can click on the features you like and it will give you the products to fit.  That’s how I ended up with the Zebra Sarasa Clip 0.3m pens. The set I ordered has 10 colors.  At first I thought there were two blacks but when I held the set in daylight, I noticed that one is a blue-black instead of black.


 These are nice, clean looking pens and the clips are really cool.  They have a clothespin type clip that feels sturdy and I’m sure they would hold well on a pocket while running to catch a bus or when you are doing the home run slide into your desk chair before the boss sees you.

Below is a scan of sample writing I did on Clairefontaine Triomphe white writing paper.  The light blue, light green, orange and pink were nearly invisible until I enhanced the colors a bit.

  
There isn’t much difference in the ink colors between the black and blue-black.  The dark blue is still quite dark, in my opinion.  And those are the only pens I will probably use until they are empty.  The rest of the pens are, well, awful.  They drag or at best hesitate when I write with them and the ink colors are way too light to use.  (I have not written with them on dark paper, so that might be an option for some people.)

To sum up my review, I’d advise you to save your money for something else.  Buy these pens in the dark inks only.
This is my girl Gracie.  She will be nine at the end of April.
Gracie has nothing to do with the review but she waited patiently
while I wrote this.  It was TREAT time, you see.
**Disclosure: I bought these pens from JetPens and am not affiliated with them or Zebra in any way.