Saturday, November 26, 2011

Surprises!

Whew!  I've sure been busy these past few weeks.  Cleaning out old stuff and making way for a less cluttered house is hard work indeed.  I've found a range of items that I can not believe we put away.  Old crumpled Christmas paper, lots of old photographs, half-done art projects, pencil stubs, greeting cards - new and received, and so on.  Most of it went into trash or recycling.  I also found

Dust!  Lots and lots of dust!

And, a huge surprise.

Let me backtrack a bit.  In 2007 or 2008 we had an arson fire that took out part of our back fence and a storage shed.  We couldn't remember everything we had in that shed but we put together a list for the insurance company based upon the melted and burnt remains that we found as we sifted through the charred mess.  I found a portion of an old photograph from my childhood.  I knew that my photo albums and high school yearbooks and all that memorabilia of mine was gone.  It has been hard to get passed that angst.

Until today.

In cleaning out a closet in the laundry room I found that box of photo albums and my yearbooks and my high school diploma and my certificate for participating in the Minnesota State Speech Competition and all that wonderful stuff! 

Waahooo!

Beth W, if you are reading this, I won't need those photocopied pages from the yearbook anymore!