Wednesday, August 3, 2011

When Life Hands You Lemons...

If you recall, I wrote about our water lines being moved from the gravel covered alley to the asphalt covered streets in front of our houses. The city then patched the cracks with tar. About a month or so ago the street was repaved with a fresh coat of deep black asphalt. It looked like they had taken a brush of black gesso and painted the streets.

They remained pristine for approximately 19 hours.

Sometime in the wee hours, a driver used our sidewalk to add some turning room to their U-turn. This left some deep black tire tracks on the sidewalk in front of our house and torn up dents in the street where the tires turned sharply. **sigh**

But I digress. I want to describe the difference in moving the water lines from the graveled alley to the black asphalt-covered streets.

Yep, you are ahead of me. For everyone else, think summer in Phoenix, Arizona.

I burned myself on the cold water during that first morning’s shower. Fortunately it eventually “cooled” a bit and I was able to finish in somewhat more comfortable temperatures. After I was done with the less than lady-like language, and during the first lather (rinse and repeat) of shampoo, I started to smile.

Dang! I can save some natural gas and turn down the temperature on the water heater. Might as well use the solar power to benefit my checkbook, eh?

Whoot!