Sunday, March 27, 2011

Earth Hour at Home

Short post here.  My family observed Earth Hour last night sitting around our patio table set with candles and we talked and laughed together as the rest of Phoenix continued as normal.  There were no Earth Hour events here - something that makes me feel sad.  The best I could find was a mention of it on a tourist calendar.  Ah well. 

I was pleased to see the rest of the world participate.  In particular, the Girl Scouts held several events across the United States and Scotland became the first country to get 100% support across all municipal councils across the nation.  Way cool.

The best statement I saw while surfing the 'net last week was found on a picture of a young lady holding a sign that said, "There is no Planet B."  'Nuf said in my book.

Anyway, I'm taking it easy today.  What I thought was an allergy-induced cough has become bronchitis.  (A  work acquaintance in Tucson said it is running rampant down there.  Great.)