Sunday, February 13, 2011

More Zentangles

So here are a few more of my "arty" creations.  I must say that having something like this to do while listening to stressful news helps me to cope.  I used to knit and crochet (9-11-01 resulted in well over 20 afghans crocheted) but since carpal tunnel set in I was left without my usual method of meditation.  This is a wonderful replacement.
Created during the first days of the Egyptian Crisis


Now with RED!
Of course, now I see patterns everywhere.  These photos were taken in front of my house.  The City of Phoenix, after moving our water lines from the alley (next to the sewer lines) to the front street, decided that it was time to fix the street.  It was last treated about 15 years ago.  So, in preparation of the slurry seal, they covered the deeper cracks with a tar-ish material.

The City of Phoenix gets into the act.



And for some weird reason, I think of Zentangles when I look at it.