Sunday, January 23, 2011

What I Really Do During Meetings

Okay, I confess.  I don't really pay close attention at meetings unless I have to take the minutes.  I am not a "meeting" kind of gal, don't 'cha know.  (They mostly end up like something from a Dilbert cartoon.)  Lately, I've been doing this:

This took a couple of meetings.  I finished on the 7th.

My first FULL page!
Yesterday, while staffing a 4 hour seminar at work, I did the lion's share of this page.  It was either this or bounce off the cement walls.  I got so hooked into it that the minute I got home I opened up the sketch book and finished the page.

These were done in "Beany" the Rhodia Webbie that I was blessed to review.  Beany is such a good size and is rather elegant but not flashy - which is how I get away with it.  Ha-ha! 

Now don't get me wrong.  I love my job and more, I love where I work.  I just don't like meetings.  I'd be happy as a clam to just sit at the computer doing data entry while listening to music.  But, living in the real world as I do, I have to take the not so good with the wonderful.