Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Season's Greetings and All That Stuff

I'm not in a great mood.  We were supposed to have a rainy day today, but it all went to the north of us.  Major bummer for me.  Plus, it was 69 degrees F when I walked home from work.  In short sleeves.  Not very Seasonal, IF you know what I mean....

The Holidays are approaching rapidly and I find that although I no longer consider myself a Christian (click here), I'm getting pulled into the whole mindset anyway.  How do the Jews, Muslims, Pagans, and other non-Christians deal with this?  While we have not put up a tree, there is still the matter of the Presents and the Food and the Eve and the Day that we still must work around.  Very confusing and somewhat depressing.

However, I have come to the realization that Christmas is a secular holiday.  Let's face it.  It is economically driven if nothing else.  The retail establishment counts on it.  Jobs count on it - especialy in this horrible economy.  And, yes, I gave something to every bell ringer I passed.  I wasn't able to last year, but this year I had my travel/expense money from work that I saved up just for the season.  So we will go through the motions with family and friends and coworkers. 

2011 can only be better for us, eh?   By the way, are you going to make any resolutions this year?  Let me know in the comments.

Happy Holidays, my friends!