Friday, November 12, 2010

NaNoWriMo Update: Day 12

Whew!  I caught up.  I'm sitting at 20,279 words.  Needless to say that the story SUCKS and is incoherent at best, but I'm plugging along.

What's scary is that I've got all these balls tossed up in the air and I don't know which one(s) will be coming down first.  I've got an outline, but somehow it doesn't mean a heck of a lot right now. 

I've killed a duck and a dog.  I have a human character dying.  I have a mean bastard in jail about to get out and come visit my main character.  I've got a ghost, two accountants, the FBI, and an army general mixed in there, too.  We won't even go into what the hell these people have in common - 'cause I DON'T KNOW!

**deep, clarifying, calming breath**

Anyway, I have a morning at the botanical gardens scheduled tomorrow.  Perhaps some fresh air and beautiful scenery will help.

And there's always the "traveling shovel of death."