Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo Begins!

Day One
Already frustrated: had to type up minutes from a meeting that happened last spring (can you say "procrastination"?) and just when I'm coming close to actually finishing them, my mother calls.  Then a pre-recorded political ad on the phone.  Then another.  I will be so glad when the election is over and they leave me alone.
Note to all candidates who use their trash campaign tactics over the phone lines and then don't end the call after I hang up and then call AGAIN later in the day - and you know who you are: you have lost my vote.  I don't want someone in office that runs their campaign on kindergarten playground tattletale platforms.  I don't want someone in office that is rude and inconsiderate of their constituants' personal space and time.  That just tells me how you will be in office: finger pointing and blaming everyone else for your problems.  Nope.  I will not vote for you.  Period
Anyway, I've gotten some writing done today, but not as much as I wanted.  I have a week's vacation next week so I'm keeping my eyes on that time to really build up a good word count to carry me through.