Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's Jodi Cleghorn's Fault!

In case you didn't see them at the bottom of my blog posts, there along the right side, yes, there are the NaNoWriMo web buttons.  And, yes, I'm going to try it again this year.  And it is Jodi Cleghorn's fault.

Jodi wrote a blog post on daydreaming and writing and how inseparable they are.  That, of course, is what sold me.  Please click here to read her post and then come on back for the whining.  (I'll wait right here.  In the corner.  On the upturned pile of old manuscripts.) 

Back?  Okay, so I've started NaNoWriMo four times in the last 5 years.  I actually "won" in 2007.  That particular manuscript has not seen the light of day since.  It's embarrassing for me to read and yet I wrote it!  I started again the next year, failed, and tried last year.  Spectacular crash and burn.  I'm surprised that the fire department didn't respond.  **sigh**

Okay, so it's a new year.  2010.  The Year of Living Dangerously.  And therefore I will enter the fray.  My book title is all I have so far:  "Hypatia's Seal"  Don't ask for more 'cause I haven't a clue.  The rest will come as I (wait for it, wait for it...) daydream my way to and from work - which is safe for me, Jodi, as I walk.  ;=)

I have no way of knowing how I'll do this year, but I do know that I won't cross that 50,000 word finish line if I don't begin.  So, who's in with Jodi and me?