Sunday, September 26, 2010

Autumn has arrived. It has?

At 8:09 p.m. on Wednesday, September 22, the autumnal equinox arrived. Autumn was here. The light had noticeably changed starting in mid-August from the bright harsh yellow white to the softer golden tones of fall. Now that it was official, we dared to think of cooler weather ahead. However, we are still dealing with record high temperatures in the mid to upper 100s.

Enough already!

Living in Phoenix is tough for at least eight months of the year. Then we get a few short months of cooler weather and approximately 2 days in January when we can wear a lightweight turtleneck sweater under our winterish weight coat.

I complain. Yeah. I grew up in Minnesota where the weather is the exact opposite. Eight months of shoveling snow just to get to work so you can pay your heating bill. And approximately 2 days of heat where you just want to explode. (Yes, you still need an air conditioner in Minnesota. They have HUMIDITY that will drown you some nights. It’s from those 10,000 lakes.)

There is no point to this blog post, folks. I am just venting as I sit in front of the fan I'm sharing with my laptop to keep us both cool.  Eventually the cooler weather will arrive and I'll be able to open windows again.  Eventually.  Yeah.

Have a great week at work and don’t forget to put up those Halloween decorations!