Wednesday, July 14, 2010

For Sheri: Safety and Your Journal

After reading the comments on my post on Personal Writing I felt that I had to address the issue of safety in journaling on a deeper level.  I'm a great believer in the value of journaling and safety plays a role both in those pages and out.  Sheri mentioned the old wound of someone finding hers and reading it.  (I have heard stories of how people hide their journals.  One woman hides hers in with her cookbooks because no one even thinks about cooking in her house!  Ha-ha!)  Personally, I feel the journal itself outweighs the risk of someone reading it. 

However, when addressing the topic and it's importance, I felt like I wasn't really THE person for that job. So, I asked a huge favor of my Journal Coach, Sue Meyn to talk about this. She did. With great pleasure, I request that you visit the Journal Magic blog and read what she has to say.

 Thank you, Sue!