Saturday, February 20, 2010

Rain, Delightful Rain!

We are being blessed here in Phoenix, Arizona with rain.  Winter is the time of year when we get most of our preciptation, so it really is not a "big deal." 

I'm originally from Minnesota.  (Most metropolitan Arizona residents are from someplace else.  It's a stale joke.)  In Minnesota we had 5 months of snow.  White turning slowly to a dark, mucky grayish black.  Every year someone made the news because they died shoveling the stuff.  Not here.  Well, okay, maybe up in Flagstaff, but we don't hear of it down here.  I think the press keeps that quiet on behalf of our tourism industry, but I don't know for sure.

The rain.  That's what I was going to write about.  But now I forgot what I was going to say.

I'm over 50.  I should write this stuff down somewhere.