Saturday, November 28, 2009

NaNoWriMo abandoned

Well, dear readers, I failed.  I let life get the better of me and I've given up the NaNo chase.  Sigh.

However, something interesting happened on the way to the finish line.  I began to write my 2007 novel again.  It seems that the reason last year and this year haven't panned out is because I'm not finished with the 2007 story.  So, here's the new plan: work on 2007 again.  Rewrite, revise, and get it into some coherent shape so that I'm not embarrassed to have others read it.  The plan is to work on getting a legitimate manuscript completed.

And that's where the plan stops.  Sending it out to agents will be another topic I'm not willing to discuss right now.  FIRST, get the manuscript written and polished.

In the meantime, I need more writing practice.  I've not written a successful (in MY definition) short story.  I jumped right into novels.  I follow quite a few writing blogs and their advice is to practice, practice, practice and start with the short story.  They are well published.  They ought to know what they are talking about.

Okay.  That's the plan.  Keep the butt in the chair.

Oh, yeah - check out the latest Nova program on dreams: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/dreams/     Way cool.