Monday, October 26, 2009

The Scene is Set

No, not to begin my NaNo novel, but to write my NaNo novel in.  My hubby, bless his heart, pitched in and helped me convert an unused guestroom (that was really the den but had nothing but the HUGE worn out bed to sit on while browsing through our wall of books) into:

Our new office! 

The carpet is torn up and dispatched with, the desks are moved in.  His is a beautiful desk a friend gave him a year ago for his workshop.  I hated putting it out there in the hot, dry, dust with no one to visit it.  So, without much tap dancing, I got him to agree to bring it in.  Easier said than done.  We actually had to take a door off its hinges.

But, we are set to go for NaNoWriMo!  (Six days away.  Gulp.)

Oh, yeah.  I called in sick today.  I needed a mental health day to ease the horrible  headache I woke up with and this sure did it!  I am so jazzed. 

There are a few tweaks that need to be made, but nothing that we can't live with for the moment.  Yeah, it looks hodgepodge with all the second hand furniture (an old bed headboard is my bookcase) and such, but the main factor here is function

Someday I'll even figure out how to upload pictures here and then I'll show you where I write.