Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mixed feelings

The new washing machine will be delivered tomorrow.  This brings up several emotional responses.
  • I feel relieved that I won't have to go to a laundromat.
  • I feel panicky because my credit card is now maxed out and there is no safety net anymore.
  • I feel sad because I tend to become attached to my major appliances (& cars) and I hate goodbyes in any form.
  • I feel high from making a guilt-free purchase - we NEEDED this.  I've gone without a dryer before and it is rather pleasant to hang clothes out on the line.
What a mixed bag of feelings.  I realize that this is because I'm human and a woman to top it off.  Women are naturally gifted at multitasking in all sorts of ways.  This is just one example.  I'm just blessed with a comprehending husband and a daughter that also has the gift.