Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Don't Quite Follow You

There are days when I feel my house is just not big enough.  Sheesh!  There are only three of us (and a small dog and a long cat) in a three bedroom house!  Yet, there are times we - inadvertantly - follow each other through the house.

It starts in the kitchen or laundry room.  I need to put something in the bedroom at the other end of the house.  I walk out of the kitchen into the dining room where my hubby has just gotten up from the main computer to tell me something he's just learned.  So he follows me as I walk to the bedroom to tell me about it.

Or

It starts in the kitchen or laundry room.  I have something to put in the bedroom.  My daughter has just grabbed a soda from the fridge and heads back to her bedroom & computer.   Hubby, in the dining room gets up to tell me something... and on it goes with variations on this theme.

It unnerves me.  I really don't know how they feel as I haven't said much of anything about it.  I mean, what's the point?  It isn't something deliberately done.  The only time I do say something is when they all follow me to the bathroom and sometimes INTO the bathroom to continue the discussion.  Again, sheesh!

My point?  I flash back to "Ghost Hunters" and "Ghost Hunters International" and their oft repeated comments about feeling creeped out by the sound or feeling of someone/thing following them.  Then I think about how creepy it feels when you are walking down the sidewalk and someone is behind you walking a bit faster than you.  That moment when they overtake you is one that freezes time for me.  It might be the inherent fright I feel living in a big city.  It bothers me.