Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween & Happy NaNoWriMo Eve!

The countdown has begun.

The hubby and I are charging the laptop batteries and I'm dusting off my Viking helmet (with braids).  Tonight, at the witching hour, we begin NaNoWriMo 2009!  I'm really pumped about this, can you tell?

For the first time doing NaNo, we are going to a kick-off party & write-in at a local restaurant.  I have my title, some research saved to the desktop, and I've got a baggie of prompts to add to the laptop bag and I've set my 'puter to the power saver setting.  (Outlets are hard to find in restaurants.)

I'm hoping that in the spirit of Halloween, I become a creative vampyre and feed off of all the energy in the room.  I've done that at some poetry events where I'm able to sit in the back so I don't distract the performer.  It's just amazing what comes out of the pen during those moments.

Getting a bit sleepy and need to take a nap.  I'll write again in a few days to let you know how I'm doing.