Friday, October 2, 2009

Feeling bummed again

Well, washing machine repairman said it couldn't be fixed for less than $400.  Rats.  So I gave him a handshake and my last $60 in cash.  I've just spent the last 2 hours on research and it looks like it will be another Whirlpool.  Heck, the Estate - made by Whirlpool - was 17 years old (I checked the file) and was last repaired in May of 2008, so that should be a good choice. 

Top loading for me.  Every single review I read on front loading mentioned the mildew/mold problem of the drums and door seals staying wet unless you wipe them down when you are done.  Excuse me?  I have enough to remember to pull the last load out of the dryer.  And try training the family to wipe it down?  Sheeyeah.  And monkeys... well, you get the idea.

The next question is, do I want that shiny red one?  It's a good price.  My old dryer is white and I'm NOT going to replace that on the esthetics point.  I really don't care if they don't match.  Function is king in this household.

Hubby is out golfing.  I found a $20 hiding under the mess on the kitchen counter/telephone area.  They are getting an okay price because their tee-time is not during prime time.  I wish I had married "me" sometimes.

Looks like I'll be digging up some quarters for the laundromat.