Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I hate Mondays

After 2 1/2 glasses of wine, I've finally mellowed out. It was not a good morning for me. Nonetheless, I'm counting my blessings here: I have a job. Half of my job is totally cool. The other half sucks dirty dishwater. So I will keep my focus on the good half. The sucky half will be done by the end of the year and while that puts my future in somewhat of a question, I am at this point not caring in the slightest.

The upshot of the sucky job is that it is pushing me to the page. This is mostly just to prove to myself that I do indeed exist and have value. Getting ignored, or worse, getting noticed only when a mistake is made, has been a good thing in that I have restarted this blog and my off work hours are being spent in more creative ways. Reading blogs instead of watching TV is one.

I just read a bit of a blog that mentioned a 365 Day Challenge. Take a photo of yourself everyday for 365 days and post them to the proper category on Flickr. Way cool. However, I'm not much on photographing myself. Just ask my family. So, what else I could do?

This blog, yeah. But when NaNoWriMo rolls around again, I may not be posting every day - unless it is posting my word count, etc. So. Think, think, think.

This is where YOU come in. Yes, YOU. I know who you are. I challenge you to come up with a 365 Day Challenge. If you do it, then I will. Let me know what you intend to do and I'll come up with one of my own. We start on January 1, 2010. That's enough time for us each to think of what we will do. Are you in?

For the record: post a comment.