Monday, May 26, 2008

Road Maps

I love looking at maps. I look at the tiny dots indicating tinier towns on the thin numbered lines of the map of Arizona and I dream of driving down those roads just to see what lies at the end. There are so many of those dots and they are enticingly away from the larger dots and blocks of colored areas indicating the metropolitan cancers that infect the state.

Maybe it is because I’m under an unusual amount of stress, and the city’s noise, traffic, blowing trash, construction barricade mazes, graffiti on every wall and post, and random gunfire in the night makes me want to “get the hell out of Dodge.” (Could be that, yeah.) It’s a terrible time for gas prices to be almost $4/gallon. It is another lock on the cell door for me. So where do I start digging that tunnel?