Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Three Tarts

Hearty thanks to a dear friend for giving me the name for my fig trees. While the original intent for the name is different, I think it is great for my trees as the fruit will make excellent tart filling. Note to self: search for a recipe.

On a more sober note: day after day is one big abstract painting for me at the moment. Blurred edges, different colors/moods, and interpretations change constantly. I hope it settles down soon. I need something solid to grab onto now that my rug has been yanked. I've been distracting my thoughts by reading Terry Pratchett novels. ("Guards! Guards!" made me laugh so hard I had tears running down my cheeks.) Eventually I will have to sit down and really think about my life and where I want it to go from here. I hesitate even writing that sentence because I've learned the hard way that even the best laid plans are written in goop.

I read some advice in a daily inspirational e-newsletter that I receive that said to go with the flow. While that is easy to say, it is really difficult to actually do. It is human instinct to want at least a bit of control over one's own life, isn't it? Nevertheless, I will keep that as a low-level mantra and give it a try. Go with the flow. Go with the flow.