Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It’s 10:40 a.m. Do you know where your job is?

An ALL STAFF meeting has been called by the Executive VP at the non-profit company where I work. I usually don’t think that much about it but I’ve passed by a few desks where whispers of worries drift to the floor. Faces strained behind the smiles as we share dismal stories of gas prices and broken items waiting to be replaced or repaired.

Worse than this is the critical, nit-picking attitude that is creeping in to some of my co-worker’s blood. They turn against each other instead of supporting. It won’t mean a thing in the whole picture except the other co-workers who aren’t participating hope the ones who are will be felled by “the axe” just for relief alone. I have to say that I’m in that group. I get tired of politics no matter what arena it is in.

So head down, mouth shut, nose to the grindstone, and all those clichés that follow, I will persevere and do my job as best I can.